10 basic points about Johan Galtung
10 BASIC POINTS ABOUT PROF. Dr. mult. JOHAN V. GALTUNG
- He founded the academic discipline of Peace Research in 1959.
- He is a 2016 nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize.
- He is a laureate of the Alternative Nobel Prize aka The Right Livelihood Award.
- He coined the term Peacebuilding.
- He has mediated in over 200 cases between individuals, nations, institutions & states.
- His research led to the OSCE & its politics of deescalation between East & West.
- He currently is the rector of Transend Peace University, an Online Peace University.
- He teaches „Advanced Conflict Transformation“ at the universities of Madrid & Sydney.
- What is the best summary of his political philosophy?
- *It is TRANSDISCIPLINARY [Natural + Social Sciences].
- *It is TRANSLEVEL [Mega-Macro-Micro-Meso Analytical].
- *It is TRANSBORDER [Bringing Humanity Together Beyond States].
- He has written 167 books on Peace Theory, Peace Research & Peace Politics.
- *His latest book is „ABOLISHING WAR“ (2015).
- *His upcoming book is: „THE ART OF PEACE“ (2016).